Monday, November 21, 2016

K - 5 Monochromatic Self-Portrait Collaborative Mural

The first week of school my all my students in grades K - 5 collaborated on this monochromatic self-portrait mural.  Before we began drawing, I share a power point with my students about "What is a Portrait?"  We looked at examples of portraits and self portraits by famous artists and talked about them.
Each table was given a supply of markers, crayons, colored pencils, and (my latest favorite!) Crayola Color Sticks! 
Add caption

They first drew their self-portrait in pencil, then added color with the supplies provided.  Each table had multiple shades of one color to use - some kids weren't too happy about having to only use one color, but when they saw all the projects arranged as a mural, they thought it was pretty amazing!  So did all who saw it, so it was an amazing start to the school year at a new school!


No comments:

Post a Comment